In the current scenario, where woman’s role is changing with the changing environment, education of woman is the most responsible act and duty of the society. As it is rightly said:
“If you educate a man, you educate an individual,
but if you educate a woman, you educate the whole society.”
With this belief, Vanita Vishram Women’s College of Commerce was established on 9th July, 1998, on the auspicious day of Guru Purnima. It is a name to be reckoned with women’s education. It is a self-financed English Medium college. From its inception to till the academic year 2014-15 the college was affiliated with S.N.D.T. Women’s University, Mumbai. From the academic year 2015-16, the college has been affiliated with Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat. We are pleased to state that about 5000 students have adorned the graduation robe from this esteemed college. Within a short span of time, the college has made its own distinct name not only in the glorious city of Surat but also in South Gujarat as well as in VNSGU.
- Many of its students have been toppers at the University Level.
- Students of this college get admissions in prestigious Business Schools and Colleges for higher studies.
- Its students excel in different professional fields.
- Students are placed at coveted positions in different Companies, Schools, Colleges, Banking Sectors, Stock Markets etc.
Increasing Strength of Students
The college started with a modest strength of 181 students in F.Y. B.Com. in July 1998 that has grown to 1398 students till 2019-20 that is every year the strength has increased remarkably.
No. of Students
|Year||B. Com.||B. B. A.||M. Com.||Total|
Role played by the College in fulfilling Social Responsibility:
Social responsibility refers to the generation of services for the welfare of the society and is an integral part of every institution. The college plays a major role in shaping the character of every student and making them aware of their responsibilities towards the society. Our college has always been making attempts for sensitizing our students for their social roles and responsibilities. Keeping this in mind, the N.S.S. and N.C.C. wings have been established which undertake various social awareness programmes.
Many students are associated with social groups and provide their heartfelt services to the society.
The college organizes various Community Outreach Programmes like:
- Donation Week – ‘Being Human Week’ Celebration
- Blood-Donation and Thalassemia Camps
- Visits to Old-age Home and Home of differently-abled children
- Aids, Blood, Eye and Organ Donation Awareness Programmes
- Communal Harmony and Flag Day
- Awareness Programmes on ‘Beti Bachao – Beti Padhao’, ‘Traffic Rules’ and ‘Cyber Crime’ etc.
Educational opportunities and Facilities offered:
In today’s world, there can be no progress in life without proper and adequate education and therefore we commit ourselves to the advancement of women through the provision of such educational opportunities and facilities that enhance their personal development, empowerment and rejuvenation. Considering this, the college offers the following educational opportunities and facilities to the students:
- Job placement though Campus Interview/ Job Fair
- Tally. ERP 9 Professional Accountant Course
- CCC of NIELIT
- Web Designing, Graphic Designing, Cyber Security Fundamentals, Digital Marketing and Data Entry Operator
- A Course in English Proficiency and Accuracy through DELL & SCOPE
- Training Classes for Diploma in Banking and Finance Course of IIBF
- Preparatory Classes for Bank P. O. & Clerk Examination of IBPS
- Courses on Personality Development and Communication Skills
- Internship in Banks & Industries
- Seminars, Workshops and Guest Lectures for enhancing academic excellence
- Educational, Industrial and Bank Visits
- Remedial and Extra Coaching Classes for Slow and Advanced Learners
- Career Counselling
- Aptitude Test
- Medical & Thalassemia check-ups
- Regular Counselling by Gynaecologists
- Teaching through multimedia facilities, E-Attendance in all classes
- Scholarships and Freeships for meritorious and deserving students
- Notification to the students/ parents through the Short Messaging Service (SMS)/ Flinnt App/ Global Board
- Cash prizes to the winners of co-curricular activities
- Hostel Facility
- Campus interviews